Windrush 2021 The place we came from

The island that I know has memories 

on the beach, in the imprint of steps

taken one at a time.

Finding a voice in poetic stance

Trodding over branches that fell

onto white, sunkissed sand, warm

like the turn of Autumn to Spring. 


I walked over these paths many times,

reminiscing of days lying there,

looking up into clarity. The sky

responds with a bright, arched

grin. The hues of blue laughing.

Mindful that lunchtime approaches,

a sip of iced coolsicle, crushed ice

water dripping down the glass,

onto the sandy beach. Smiling,

my skin is scorched red and I forget

the sun lotion.

 

Now stinging, my skin feels sore.

I now it is time to go into the sea

and feel reassured that summer is always

around the corner.

(c) nature thoughts nw

 

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rock (Poem) by Seamas Cain