Wednesday 25 November 2015

Sitting on a park bench

Daily thought:

(via yoanu.com)

The coveted seat.

When was the last time you sat on a park bench and thought deeply about your day?

It's so easy to let your imagination run with you as you sit on a park bench...


 
One prompt to write a short story or journal is:



What happens next?

How do you react?



Park Bench poems

Chase Hunter
Mar 30
Sitting on this small park bench
waiting in the winds while the trees undress
I look for a path that could change the past

All the words I speak are just continuous ideas I seek
Planning out my future like I am supposed to know who to be

Sitting on a park bench with the Autumn leaves
conversing with myself of what I actually want and need

Well I will truly never know until I succeed
but success is just an optimist of serenity
and sometimes even greed

So for now I will just sit on this park bench
with the calm and cooling breeze
Just being happy that I am me


Oh, Acorn Park
Do you miss us there by your heart?
Where are your old trees and bench
That beckoned us way back then?
Now you've a stone surround.
No matter ~ new lovers will come
Your spring shines with silver spangled light
That is best when week's end is nigh.


Steph Arcadia
Nov 27, 2014
Sitting on the park bench,
looking out at the pond,
where the ducks
roam freely.

I think back to
the blunt we shared
on this very bench.

And I wonder...
why I was only granted
     one
chance.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

A refreshing look at summer 2017