Monday 29 October 2018

A Festive Season of world foods

I never really thought about this topic but a friend said to me today,

'Do you have 2 different celebrations?'

I nodded but said,
'I have chicken for my Christmas dinner'.

The Scottish fruit cake which is like the Dutch Christmas cake, a little duck, if I can get some before 23 December and a soup I find refreshing, called Tong Yuen, which my step father made well.


And I continued,
'Some miss out on world foods by forgetting' their cultural backgrounds and 'miss out on the amazing food' each culture has.

Then I had more time to think about it and said,

'But now the main foods we have in the UK are noodles, fried rice, curry dishes and pizzas. It's no longer just fish and chips!'

Photos to follow.

Photo via https://www.flightnetwork.com/blog/22-festive-holiday-foods-around-world/


The soup can be either savoury or sweet and either is equally nice.

Pronounced 'tong yuen'.

2 comments:

  1. In Australia turkey and pork at Christmas was traditional, but now with the multicultural society there are many more options. I take it from your friend’s comment that you are bi-cultural. From my blog last Christmas:

    http://anaussieintheworld.blogspot.com/2017/12/christmas-past.html

    Regards Cath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy cosmetics & beauty products online from MMPlus, the online shopping beauty store. Browse makeup, health products & more from top beauty brands, health & welless products, Mother and baby care products, skin care products in Gurgaon. For more detail visit here - https://mmplus.in/

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

A refreshing look at summer 2017